The Black Cat is finished

The binding was a bit of a creative challenge for me. I think I failed in what I had originally planned, but I like it none the less. First, I tried to bind the little quilt in thread. It took me at least two hours to stitch the part I photographed (above). It gave me a very sore thumb and was extremely difficult with the large needle I used. It took me only about two minutes to snip it all out after I decided that it just wouldn’t work. For one thing, I didn’t have the time.

My next choice would have been black fabric, but I couldn’t find it in my stash. So, on to plan C! I had some beautiful red batik out that I’m using for another mini that I hope to complete in time for the auction. It’s a favorite and I know I can get more of it, if I happen to use too much in the binding of Black Cat. That was my final choice and I do hope it looks OK. Irregardless, it’s done. I just have to put the hanging sleeve on it before I turn it in next Thursday at the Guild meeting.

Here is a picture of the back of the quilt. All of the threads and knots show. I think it looks interesting, but it’s certainly not normal for a quilt. This one is more of an art quilt miniature, so it works just fine. In art quilts, you can do whatever you want to.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to The Black Cat is finished

  1. jude says:

    this little quilt is wonderful. i like how you handled the quilting stitches…

Comments are closed.