Totally Hot and a Migraine or Two

We made it to OK City and beyond with no real problems. I had been concerned about the drive since it was supposed to be so hot and there had been construction when my son drove it, making the drive very long for little kids and dogs. As it turned out, we were able to make a quick pit stop at Quilt Country in Lewisville for a potty break while it was still early and cool. The dog did fine for the short time we were in the shop.

After that, we drove pretty much straight through. There was rain along the way, which kept the temperatures down and the construction stopped. There were a couple of minor accidents. One of which had me concerned that we would literally run out of gas on the highway, but we didn’t. Our prayers were answered when the accident cleared by the next exit and there was a gas station there also. My GPS took us straight to the new house and my son had just gotten home, so all were happy! It took us almost 5 hours to get there. I was hoping it wouldn’t take that long, but was happy it didn’t take longer.

Saturday, most of the cable, Internet and phone service was hooked up. They’ll have to come back to finish up on an early morning to do some attic work. There is still a lot of putting away to do and some organizing also. The house is about the same size as their last one, but there is less storage. So, we’ll have to get creative and do some things different here.

The only real complaint that I have is that there is no ceiling fan in the girls bedroom. And baby it is HOT in there at night. Nights are hot for a woman of a certain age anyway and I do believe that I am a woman of a certain age. I’ve offered to buy the ceiling fan and pay to have it installed, I’m so desperate for a night’s sleep! Of course my son has to check with the landlord and the handyman about all of this first. I’m sleeping on the couch in the living room tonight. I know that much for sure.

For some reason, I’ve had one migraine since I’ve been here and feel that another is just looming ready to pounce any second. I don’t know what has caused it and don’t know what to do to prevent it. I have a horrible feeling that it could be the neighborhood (some weed we don’t have at home) or the house itself (maybe the lovely newly painted walls). If that is the case, I’m in real trouble.

A couple of things have happened that I wanted to mention since I’ve been here. I had stopped to pick up my mail before I left and was surprised to get a lovely, sweet card from Tracey. She sent it to me as her “building a bridge of love” act for the Dalai Lama’s birthday a few days ago! Thank you Tracey! It was such a nice surprise. I first met Tracey when I was “assigned” to her by Se’lah in the gift of jewels post card swap over at the Necessary Room back in February. Tracey has been so sweet to me and has contacted me several times since then. I had lost her address while in CA. Hopefully, now that things have calmed down some, I’ll be able to keep in touch with her.

The other thing I wanted to tell you is that I had bid on 4 quilts in the mini auction to benefit the North TX Food Bank that was being held through Quilt Country. I lost out on all 4 of them! My friend Sandy got 3 of the ones I wanted that were made with the theme “hunger”. So, I’ll just have a make a donation to the food bank myself and one to the East TX Food Bank also. (I’ll come back later and add more links to this post.)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Totally Hot and a Migraine or Two

  1. Tracey says:

    Hi Sharon! So glad I finally took time to sit & play 'blog catch-up." I've been following your journey & keeping you & your family in my prayers. I'm glad your son & his family got settled; your granddaughters are beautiful!Glad you received the card! I was hoping that would give you a lift. Also, glad you have my address. Keep writing, quilting & praying. Blessings! 🙂

Comments are closed.