There are normally very few people who I will talk politics or religion with. I don’t really like to get into controversial subjects or subjects that could get my blood pressure up. That being said, I also believe that everyone has a right to their own opinion and I really don’t want them trampling on mine nor do I want to have to jump up and down and get all angry to have to defend mine. That is why I seldom discuss these things with most people.
Today, I’m going to make an exception. I hear that people are celebrating the death of Osama bin Laden. I also know that many people are disgusted by that fact and are posting all kinds of “peace” messages on Facebook and in emails to friends.
- Let me say that I am not celebrating bin Laden’s death. I don’t celebrate death, but I am also not sad that he is dead.
- The U.S. military (along with our allies) has been looking for this man for more than 9 and a half years! Every time they got close to getting him, he got away. He would not be captured and go to jail for his crimes. He was a “life or death” type of guy. A terrorist!
- If he had been caught 9 years ago, I doubt there would have been a whole lot of “peace” messaging going on over his death.
- What would you have them do instead of kill him since he wouldn’t be taken into custody? Were they supposed to just let him go? And what about looking for him in the first place. Did you want them to stop looking for him after 3 years? Five years? Maybe 7 should have been the time limit for masterminding the deaths of almost 3000 people on American soil?
- What exactly were our leaders supposed to do? Just blow it off and let him get away with it? Do you really think that would keep the terrorists from coming back over here to kill us again?
- Yes, it’s possible there will be retaliation. You know what? They’ve never stopped trying to attack us! They hate us just because we draw breath and we are American. For all we (the public) know, they have tried to do things as large as the attacks on the Twin Towers already and been stopped.
- I, for one, celebrate our military who put their lives on the line every single day for us. I am grateful that they are out there doing what they do. I pray that “the powers that be” are intelligent and give them the proper guidance and the proper intelligence is given to them to guide them safely and securely through their tours of duty. I pray that the death of Osama bin Laden brings each of them home more quickly.
You are more than welcome to leave your own point of view in the comments. I don’t mind if you disagree with me. As long as you are respectful, it will stay there for all to see.