I warned you all that I wouldn’t be posting as often for a while. I’m glad I did because as you can see, I’m not. I haven’t felt the need to say a lot lately, but my mind is cluttered with all kinds of things that I probably would have posted about if I’d been writing regularly on the blog. So, here is a list of my mind clutter. I hope you enjoy it or at least don’t find it too disturbing.
- It’s been a really bad summer for scorpions! I’ve been stung twice this year. I’ve had them in my bed at least three times. (One walked on my face!) I’ve killed more than a dozen in the last month, in my house.
- I mailed the little zippered wallets to my granddaughters before I took photos of them. Shoot!
- The girls love the little wallets. The youngest now wants me to make her a purse and to teach her how to sew a zipper! Maybe she’ll be a quilter one day too.
- I’m enjoying reading books on my laptop through kindle much more than I ever thought I would! I’ve read two books in the last week and I want to upload (or is it download?) at least two more right now. I feel so guilty about enjoying this!
- I’ve written some short notes tonight — a couple of thank you notes and a couple of howdy-dos. I enjoy writing letters and cards and should do it daily.
- I would love to see my cousins on a regular basis. We are spread out in many ways (across the state and by ages) and some of them have young children who have busy lives in addition to their own busy lives. I’ve emailed two of them and talked on the phone to another about us starting a circle letter. I hope they all want to participate. I don’t know them as I would like to anymore and I’d like to change that.
- I love using different postage stamps and fun stationery. I wish my granddaughters enjoyed it all as much as I do.
- Tonight was the premiere of True Blood. I didn’t like it. At least not until the end when Eric told Sookie that he had bought her house. That was fun! I hope the rest of the season gets better, but I’m afraid it’s on a downward slide that started a season or so ago and is continuing to get worse.
- Two of my pocket rosaries which belong to family members have broken. One came apart as she was pulling it out of her pocket. The cross on the other broke. I’m sad about this and will repair them both, but my biggest concern is that my hand strength is not enough to build them properly so that they stay together. I’m concerned about continuing to sell them.
- I didn’t sleep worth a darn last night.
OK, I think that pretty much clears the clutter for tonight. I miss you all and I’ll be back regularly as soon as I can.