Or should I say: Here are some little tidbits of my weird life?
- I wrote a letter last night with the brown Caran d’Ache Grand Canyon ink. It was so fun! Brown ink reminds me of the olden days when everyone wrote letters and they were written with fountain pens or dip pens on fine paper and sealed with wax. Ahhhh.
- I have always wanted brown ink, but never could find it in a ballpoint pen. Then I got my fountain pen and brown ink! Hurray!
- I woke up at some point in the night and decided that the next letter I wrote would be in the Noodler’s North African Violet. I’ve lost it. Totally lost it.
- I don’t know if it rained last night or not, but I did get to hear some thunder. I slept good and hard. I don’t think I moved all night.
- The temperature when I was outside yesterday was 106. When I went out this morning it was 66! Can you say Hallelujah? I surely do hope and pray that the hot temperatures are gone for this year.
- I hope it’s cooler in Texas too, but I haven’t heard yet.
- After two plus weeks, I’m starting to feel the need for a bit of true solitude. I’m used to spending quite a lot of time alone. I don’t get that here. Just a few hours here and there. Long holiday weekends, when everyone is home and talking nonstop and playing computer games nonstop, just about kill me.
- I have to remember that I’m just starting the adjustment period of a truly long visit. I’ll go through the “I’m going nuts” period and then I’ll adjust and be OK. It’s the truth. I have to keep telling myself that. Over and over and over.
- Yesterday was my son’s birthday. Somehow being 51 didn’t make me feel old, but having a 31-year-old son made me feel old. The only thing that makes me feel better is knowing that my momma has a 31-year-old grandson. Sorry about that Momma.
I think it’s time to go write that letter.