I am so very thankful that today is Election Day, for a variety of reasons.
- I’m thankful to live in a country that has officials that are elected by the populace!
- I’m thankful for the women who came before me and fought for my right to vote — with their own blood, sweat and tears!
- I’m thankful that I voted early and am not in the lines today.
- I’m thankful that the election is almost over. I am sick to death of the dirty campaigns and all of the air time they get.
- I’m thankful to each and every person who runs for public office because I would not want any of their jobs and they go through so much scrutiny to run for any office.
- I’m thankful for those who win the elections and serve the public.
- I’m thankful for the weather we have here locally today. Perfect for getting out to vote!
- I’m thankful that even though I don’t particularly want to know your political views, we are all free in this country to voice our political opinions without fear of being killed for our many differing views.
- On a different note: I’m also thankful to have finally taken the time to get a flu shot.
That’s what I’m thankful for today. What about you?