Yesterday I looked at an interesting blog. Bucket List Publications is full of stories about bucket list achievements and bucket list dreams. I was truly inspired as I read it. The thing about the blog and Lesley that inspired me the most though was her way of thinking about bucket lists. Most of us think of a bucket list as things we want to accomplish before we die. Lesley thinks of it as a list of things she wants to do to really live! I love that! It’s a very subtle change in thinking, but it’s an amazing change. She also said the more unrealistic she is with her dreams and goals, the more she’s able to achieve! This is another new way of thinking for me. So, I’m going to really dream with this one and see what happens! Thank you, Lesley for my new way of approaching things!
I want some fun girlfriend time in Austin (I’ve wanted this for more than three years!) *** Done! Feb. 21 – 24, 2013 QuiltCon with Robin and Cindy!
- drive the hill country during bluebonnet season
- lose 50 pounds
- win a trip through my jewelry sales
- finish the cleaning, reorganizing and redecorating of my house
- have a big yard sale to get rid of everything I no longer need
- move everything out of the storage shed and get rid of it
- adopt a cat
- ride a hot air balloon in the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
- go on at least two quilt retreats ***one done in March
- have Thanksgiving dinner with my future daughter-in-law
- go on a cruise
- ride a river boat
- have another house built on our property
- go geocaching with my niece
- be with each of my grandchildren on their birthday (one done, two to go)
- take my momma somewhere fun and different for Christmas
- pay off two credit cards *** One paid off in April!
- go to Quilt Celebration (Dallas) *** done March!
- go to Quilt Festival (Houston)
- go to the fountain pen show in Dallas
- make six bed quilts with fabric I already own
- visit with Catherine
- visit with Beth
- model for Charmaine (painting)
- find more heart-shaped rocks (I found one the day I wrote this!)
- write at least three letters a month
- become active again on Postcrossing (done!)
- take photos again regularly
- get the laundry room wall repaired
- change the toilets, sinks and faucets in both bathrooms
edited on Jan. 27, 2013
- built a chicken coop and get chickens!
- repaint my wheelbarrow and change the tire on it
Well, that’s all I can think of for now. What do you want to accomplish this year?