As I told you recently, Sunday is my favorite day of the week. Today I’ll be writing postcards and letters. I have several thank you notes I want to write and a letter to answer, plus I can now mail 12 more postcrossing postcards because previous cards sent have arrived and been registered. Fun, fun, fun!
Right now, my desk/sewing area is covered with stuff I need to find homes for. So, I write sitting in a recliner. I lean that puppy back and put a big pillow in my lap. I put a “Quilter’s Cut ‘n Press” on top of the pillow to give me a firm surface to write on. I have my pens, white out (for the occasional mistake) and paper sitting to my left. I’m in front of the TV, but I often mute it so I can concentrate on what I’m writing.
I’ll be using my new Pilot Metropolitan fountain pen to write my letters! (I use a Papermate G-Force ball point pen for writing postcards and checks because the ink doesn’t smear and is pretty water proof.) I placed a small order with the Goulet Pen Company a few days ago for 5 ink samples and a new extra fine nib for my Lamy Safari fountain pen. They are my go to company for inks and fountain pen knowledge. Right now, they are having a ThanksGiving give away. When I got my order yesterday, I had a surprise in the box. The surprise was the Pilot Metropolitan pen along with a wonderful thank you note! This company goes above and beyond, in my humble opinion, in customer service and education. I cannot tell you how much I love them! I wish they were local, but I’m grateful they are a US company. I do believe in shopping local whenever possible.
Some things I love about Goulet (in no particular order):
- I love that I can buy a sample of their bottled inks. There are usually several inks I’m debating on buying. It can get expensive to just buy the bottle and hope I like it, but I can try out several samples and then choose one bottle. Wonderful! I have not found another company who sells samples of ink. This alone is enough to keep me coming back, but their customer service and care is the real reason I continue to shop with them.
- They always write a short message on my invoice and they tell me the ink they are using to do it.
- I love their informational videos about all things fountain pen related. If I have a question, I go to their blog to find a video or look at the specific product I’m interested in and there is usually a video at the bottom of the listing answering my questions.
- If I can’t find a video to answer my question, I know I can email them to get the answer.
- They carry Noodler’s ink. Noodler’s is made in the US and I really like that.
- They keep their prices as low as they can on each product.
By the way, I am not being compensated in any way for this endorsement of the Goulet Pen Company. I just want to share them with you!
Love them. Love writing letters and postcards. Love Sundays! Are you writing letters today? More soon….